Monday, December 1, 2008

Just 3 new

I'm working at lightning speed trying to create a special scrapbook for someone else. It's fun, but it means less time for my own pages. I probably won't be able to post any new layouts until after Christmas. Hopefully, this will tide you all over until then. :)



Super small journaling reads:

Will has a slight obsession with cars. He will play with them all day as long as he has someone else willing to play with him. There is a very specific way, though, in which he wants to play cars. Each person chooses a car (he always gets Lightning McQueen) then proceeds to “talk” for them. Conversations always go like this:
“Hi. How are you? I Lightning Queen. I fast.” (pause while the other car responds)
Then he says the exact samething all over again. About 50 times per day.
“Hi. How are you? I Lightning Queen. I fast.”
Don’t even try to vary the conversation. It won’t work. Trust me.

Mallory knows this routine better than any of us...which led to this recentconversation with Daddy. After reading about Josiah the 8 year old king.
Mallory: How can an 8 year old be a king?
Daddy:Well, that’s how it works. His dad died, so Josiah had to take over. If I were king and then I died, Will would become king
Mallory: Will would not make a very good king(in her best Will voice ‘Okay, everybody play cars. That’s the law!’)pretends to have two little cars in her hand: ‘Hi!’

Super small journaling reads:

Jeremy reads the newspaper almost every Sunday. He usually spreads it out across the living room floor and patiently tries to read while the kids run, jump and laugh all around him. This Sunday was different. This Sunday Will sat down right next to his Daddy, picked up his own section and started “reading” too. After about a minute, Will looked at Jeremy and said, “Just like you Daddy.” Then, Jeremy’s heart melted.



I'm not that impressed with this layout, but it's a year overdue, and those stitched letters took me forever. So, I'm posting it:)

Super small journaling reads:
On the night that your Kindergarten class was performing Handel’s Messiah, you were forced tostay home sick. I wanted to make sure you were still able to have a special evening, so we put
together a Christmas Tea. We set the table with our Christmas china, lit holiday candles, & made some of your favorite treats. You created placecards for each of us and even added your own special touch to the paper napkins.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Lewis Family said...

Aaaaaawwww... so cute. We must get the kids together to play, but we will need to make sure there are plenty of Lightning McQueens to go around or... it's too horrible to think about.

Amy Jo:) said...

I know, I cannot believe we have already left too. It all happened way too fast! I am coming back to Houston later today though...we have lots to do around the house still. Noah is a HUGE McQueen fan too. SO funny! I love your layouts, as always!!!:)

Adam LaRue said...

we are performing Handel's Messiah this weekend at Jones Hall!! Pretty impressive for a Kindergarten class.