Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday, where we can be brutally honest with each other, and live to tell about it, while we shroud the severity of our statements by pretending we so did not really do them.
This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




I did not let Mallory stay up until 10:00pm on a school night again, and I definitely did not hear her say, "Mom, can I go to bed earlier tomorrow night?" Nope, not me.

I did not allow Will to wear the same cheetos/oatmeal/slobber stained, faded Lightning McQueen shirt for 72 hours straight (a new record!) just to avoid a major meltdown. Nope, not me. What kind of mom dresses their kid in one-size-too-small, non-organic, straight from Walmart clothes? Not me.

This couldn't possibly be another picture of Will wearing said shirt while playing with someone elses baby toy. I know that's not what I'm seeing. Because I definitely gave that toy back to its rightful owner immediately after it was found at our house. (By the way, if you recognize this toy and would like it back, then please let me know) I just know I'll get right on top of that!

I'm confident that wasn't my kid singing "Jesus Loves Me" as loud as he could during church yesterday only to surprise everyone with the new "Can he fix it? Yes he can!" ending. Not me, no way. Because I would never allow my child to become so attached to a fictional cartoon character named Bob that he would equate him to Jesus. I am definitely not that mom.

And finally, I so did not spend two hours creating a layout, that still looks like I threw it together in five minutes, just to record the bizarre names Will has given to Mary and Joseph. Who would waste time doing that and then waste even more time posting it for her friends to see? Not me.

Gotta love Mondays! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha!! I bet no one really minded the sweet little voice singing out loud. ;) Too cute!

Liz said...

I love to read your posts! They make me just smile! Thanks for sharing! God Bless ~Liz

SaRaH said...

I love your posts too! They always bring a smile to my face. You're a great mom :)

Kayla Siegman said...

Making me laugh once again! Love and miss you dearly!