Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Heaven and Hell

Mallory: Mom, is Hell is where all the fire is?

Me(trying to conceal my shock from the out of nowhere question): Mmmhmm


Mallory:Is that where the Devil is?


Me(suddenly realizing how little I actually know about the place myself): Yes


Mallory: Then why doesn't he just burn up? Like the wood in our fireplace?


Me (I don't remember exactly what I said because I was trying really hard not to scare the poor girl to death. Something to the effect of how someone there would go on burning forever and probably wishes they would burn up into ashes, but they can't, so it's like a fire that never ever ends)


Mallory(dead serious and with as much sweetness as is humanly possible): Wow. Well, I'm glad we're going to Heaven because it's like a playdate that never ends!

6 comments:

Roeh Family Update said...

I love that story! Your kiddos are beutiful:) Yes...PLEASE add us to any prayer list you can!! Thanks for asking.

Joy

Liz said...

The words and topics kids talk about...but oh so true! and we parents have to figure out how to explain to them in a way that they would understand...but the kids know a lot more then we think they do! Keep sharing because I love to read your posts~Liz

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog. No, I'm not a scrapbooker. I heard about Shabby Princess through another blogger when I asked about her blog. :) The pictures of your kids are very sweet!

Lindsay Mast said...

Man, kids sure do keep you on your toes. My Ada has started asking what "In Jesus' name" means when we pray. Uhhhhhh...
I'm glad you found me on Facebook, Megan!

Lewis Family said...

So we just keep teaching them about Heaven, Heavenly Father, and Jesus and they will only want to go there! You are on the right path, mom. Keep it up.

Lewis Family said...

btw, there's always chocolate in some form at my house! Come on over whenever you feel the urge.